If you’re new to the idea of partnering with influencers–or if you think “influencer marketing” is a passing buzzword of the social media age–we need to get you caught up. Influencer marketing is a highly effective strategy in which you collaborate with a popular figure on social media to use their image to boost your brand. While it may sound like a new-fangled way to say “celebrity endorsements,” the truth is that influencer marketing is far more nuanced and allows brands to be much more specific in targeting potential customers.
Countless businesses have seen their brand awareness, engagement, and sales increase significantly thanks to their collaboration with influencers. The benefits are increasingly clear:
- Influencer marketing is highly targeted. With careful research, you can find an influencer whose audience demographics are nearly identical to your customer profile.
- Influencers help establish trust between potential customers and your brand. Their followers already like their style and trust their judgment. When they endorse your product, it really means something to their audience.
- According to a 2018 Influencer Marketing research report, influencers achieve twice as much user engagement as brands do.
- At the very least, partnering with an influencer is guaranteed to increase brand awareness.
- How to Get Started with Influencer Marketing
How to Get Started with Influencer Marketing
Think it’s time to take to take your business to the next level with influencer marketing? Here are a few basic steps to help you connect with the best personality for your brand.
Establish Clear Objectives
To truly reap the benefits of influencer marketing, your approach should be as specialized as an influencer’s Instagram feed. Before you just reach out to the person with the most followers, make sure you have clear answers for these questions:
- Who is our customer? What is their gender? How old are they? Where do they live? What is important to them? What are their hobbies?
- Which platform does our customer prefer? Which platform is best suited to showcase our brand and products?
- What specifically do we hope to accomplish by engaging an influencer?
- How will the influencer help us achieve these goals?
When you have a solid grasp on these answers, you’ll be much better equipped to find the right influencer to boost your brand.
Find Influencers That Are Right For Your Brand
The search for your perfect social media spokesperson will not be an easy one. You have to filter through a lot of mismatches to find the influencer who speaks to your specific audience and truly understands the spirit of your brand.
Even so, there are services that will take at least some of the guesswork out of the process.
Influencer networks like Hello Society and Activate keep a roster of social media talent. Not only can they help you connect with influencers, but they even provide analytics so you can track the success of your influencer campaign.
Marketplaces like Brand Snob also help you zero in the right collaborator by providing profiles for hundreds of influencers. These options don’t typically have the tracking and analytics of influencer networks, but they do tend to be less expensive to use.
You can also try an old-fashioned manual search by exploring relevant hashtags, key words, and brand mentions in your preferred platform. These searches will help you discover influencers who are aligned with your brand and have an audience that matches your customer profile. It should be noted, however, that while a manual search is technically the free option, It is also the most time-consuming
When you’ve found an influencer who seems perfect for your brand, take the time to build a real relationship.
- Follow them on social media.
- Engage with their content.
- Share their posts and videos.
Begin by demonstrating that you are on the same page. When you’re ready to discuss establishing a brand/influencer relationship, they’ll already be primed to see your brand as a natural fit for their content.
Let Your Influencers Do What They Do Best
You have a clear vision for your brand, so it can be difficult to release creative control. Regardless, a successful brand/influencer relationship depends on your willingness to let your influencer take the reins on content.
Don’t fall into the trap of seeing your influencer strictly as a figurehead with a following. They earned that following specifically because they know how to engage the very demographic you’re trying to reach.
If you’ve done your research and selected the best influencer for your brand, you have nothing to worry about . . .
. . . and a lot to look forward to.
Are you ready to take the plunge into influencer marketing? Could you use some additional support? Drop us a line! We’ll be happy to help you master influencer marketing and develop a social media marketing plan to drastically increase brand awareness and boost sales. Feel to reach out here or give us a call at 747-201-7711.